All items of luggage will be carried at our driver’s discretion to ensure they can be carried safely upon our buses. We will only permit customers to carry luggage on our vehicles where it is safe to do so and is available to our customers for convenience only. You will retain the risk of loss of, or damage to, the luggage at all times. We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage however caused. We will never carry unaccompanied luggage or parcels in any circumstance.
There may be occasions where items of luggage are refused to be carried on our services. If the luggage is excessive, large or of an awkward size and it means it is not easily able to be carried upon our vehicle, the driver reserves the right to refuse such luggage on to the bus or coach.
Unfortunately, we are unable to carry certain items which could endanger the safe passage of our vehicle or the safety of our staff, customers or other road users and pedestrians. These include rechargeable batteries (other than those inside personal devices or are in their original retail packaging), ammunition, explosives, weapons, paint in either unsealed containers or plastic containers exceeding five litres and combustible or otherwise hazardous materials including petrol.
If you are refused travel due to the above circumstances, we cannot accept liability for subsequent loss, damage, injury, inconvenience or cost you suffer or may suffer as a result.
On our Airline and X90 Oxford-London coaches, the luggage allowance for our customers is as follows (and subject, at all times, to the discretion of the driver):
- two items of luggage per adult person travelling (such luggage must be stowed in the luggage hold of the coach);
- only small hand luggage may be taken onboard the coach (which must be stowed in the overhead rack or under the passenger seat and must not, at any time, be placed in the aisle of the coach or on seats (for safety reasons));
- skis, boxed single bicycles, golf clubs, trunks and other bulky items (such as musical instruments) can only be carried if space allows after all other passengers’ standard luggage allowance has been accommodated and then a fee may be required prior to travel;
- all luggage must be labelled with the passenger’s name, address and brief travel details;
- whilst drivers may assist with the loading and unloading of reasonably sized luggage, you may be asked to assist with heavier items or to load the luggage yourself.
We recommend that all passengers have appropriate insurance for travel and we cannot accept liability for subsequent loss, damage, injury, inconvenience or cost you suffer or may suffer as a result of any loss of or damage to your luggage during transit and when loading and offloading your luggage.