All requests for ticket refunds are subject to these terms and conditions together with the Go North East terms and conditions of use for the key smartcard and M-Ticket on a mobile device.
- Refunds and replacements are only available on online ticket purchases which have been stored on a key smartcard that has been registered or M-ticket via our mobile app subject to these conditions.
- Unfortunately we cannot process refunds for tickets that have been issued on paper tickets, or a key smartcard that has not been registered.
- Refunds will not be given more than 3 months from the original date of purchase of the tickets.
- A refund is only available to the original purchaser and proof of purchase may be requested.
- Requests for refunds or replacements should be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 0191 420 5050 with your account and ticket details on which you are applying for a refund.
Tickets which have not been used
- A refund of the original purchase price will be given on tickets which have not been used within 3 months of purchase providing they are stored on a registered key smartcard or m-ticket via our mobile app. The refund will be processed on the original purchase method. Pay Monthly subscriptions are subject to different refund procedures see below.
Tickets which have been partially used;
- Refunds will be calculated using the original purchase price based on the number of days remaining on the ticket from the day after the request for refund is received.
- Due to the discounts built into our ticket prices at least 3 days must be remaining on a 7 day ticket; at least 7 days must be remaining on a 28 day ticket; at least 28 days must be remaining on an annual ticket and at least 1 full term must be remaining on a scholars or college academic year ticket.
Pay Monthly subscriptions
Refunds are not available on Pay Monthly subscriptions but payments can be cancelled at any time. The ticket will remain valid for the remainder of the month that has been paid for.
In the event of a suspension of services because of strikes, labour disputes, emergency or adverse weather conditions, reasonable refunds or extension of validity of pre-purchased tickets may be considered but the decision will be entirely at the discretion of the company. Refunds will not be made in respect of days on which it can reasonably be foreseen that no service or a replaced service will be provided, or days on which the company has advertised a reduction or suspension of service such as Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
This policy will be subject to revision and Go North East reserves the right to change this policy without notice. Any revisions will not apply before the policy has been published at gonortheast.co.uk.